We cordially invite you to submit your abstract for consideration for a poster and/or oral presentation at the 12th Edition of the International Myotonic Dystrophy Consortium Meeting (IDMC-12) 2019. We look forward to receiving your proposed contribution to the scientific program and would like to thank you in advance for your support.
Below you will find some information that will help prepare your contribution.
Abstract submission is now open. Submission deadline has been extended until February 4th 2019. Please read the submission guidelines and instructions before you start your abstract submission. Create your profile and Submit your abstract.
Abstracts should be submitted electronically no later than February 4th , 2019. You must first create your profile and then make your submission.
Acknowledgement of receipt of the abstract submission will be sent to the corresponding author. If you do not receive the confirmatory e-mail within 24 hours, please contact the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com, telephone +46 31 708 8690.
The corresponding author will receive all correspondence concerning the abstract and is responsible for informing co-authors of the status of the submitted abstract.
The corresponding author will have access to the abstract on-line after the submission process has started, via a personal profile page. Changes can be made until the submission deadline.
All presenting authors must be registered for the Congress and pay the registration fee before Early Bird registration deadline, April 1st, 2019 to be allowed to present and for the abstract to appear in the congress program.
Upon submission, indicate the preferred type of presentation; Oral or Poster or no preference.
- Abstracts must be written in English.
- The title must not exceed 150 characters (spaces included).
- The text (body) of the abstract must not exceed 150 words.
- Abstracts must include the following sections: Introduction, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Tables and graphics are not allowed/supported.
- It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that the abstract is grammatically correct.
- Please follow the instructions on each web page of the abstract submission form carefully.
- The Scientific Program Committee will make the final decision regarding type of presentation for accepted abstracts. All the abstracts will be reviewed and scored and those with the highest score or particularly interesting results will be invited to have an oral presentation during the congress while the others will be presented as posters.
Upon submission, indicate one of the following topics that best describes the content of your abstract;
1. Pathogenic Mechanisms
This topic covers the research devoted to understanding DM disease mechanisms in various model systems.
2. Cell Models for DM
This topic covers in vitro model systems, their development and use in mechanistic studies or therapy development.
3. Animal Models and Tissue-specific Mechanisms
This topic covers in vivo model systems, their development and use in mechanistic studies or therapy development.
4. Drug development and delivery
This topic covers recent advances in research such as Nucleic Acids editing, Genome editing, Genome Instability, Epigenetics, DNA repair, RNA, ASO, microRNA, RAN translation inhibitor, Immune modulation and Downstream target.
5. Clinical Research: Methods, Biomarkers, Outcome Measures, Trial Design etc
This topic covers clinical trial readiness resources and tools used in clinical research including regulatory and financial issues of new drugs, collaboration with industry and multicenter studies.
6. Clinical Guidelines, Registries and Rehabilitation in DM
This topic covers standards of care in different forms of DM and existing and developing Registries worldwide. Further, different rehabilitation models and interventions.
7. Quality of Life and Disease Burden
This topic covers different aspects of living with DM but also questions regarding end of life and palliative care.
8. Diagnostic and Genetic Counselling
This topic covers different aspects of the ethical aspects of diagnostic procedures and counselling including reproductive issues and pregnancy.
9. Specific Disease Features—CNS, Cardiac, Gastro-Intestinal etc.
This topic covers organ-specific phenotypes of DM and practices for their management and treatment.
This topic covers all other possible aspects not covered in the other topics.
Submitting authors will be required to share the rights attached to their contribution with the IDMC-12 conference organizers in order to have it included in the electronic book of abstracts accessible to all conference registrants. In addition, at least one author of each contribution must attend the meeting and will be asked to be present at the time of presentation either oral or poster.
The Young scientist awards
The Young scientist awards will be selected and presented for best poster and oral presentations during the last day of the conference.
Personal profile page
When your abstract is submitted you can follow the progress on-line by entering your personal profile page. Your personal profile page makes it possible for you to:
- make changes until the submission deadline.
- read, edit and print your abstract
Create your profile /login to your profile here
If you have any questions regarding your submission, please contact the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +46 31 708 8690.